Custom Building Plans
- Building a deck or porch yourself?
- Or hiring a contractor to do it?
- Perhaps you want us to build it?
- Need a set of Custom Building Plans?
Then we can help with one of two services… either of which will cost a fraction of what a local architect will cost. And our Custom Building Plans will probably be better because this is all we do.
We offer two different custom design services to help you come up with the right design and a clear set of comprehensive and code compliant Custom Building Plans for your deck, porch, sun room or gazebo:
Virginia Decking will work closely with you via phone, text and email to:
- Provide a custom Preliminary Plan tailored to fit your house, your terrain, your lifestyle and your budget. When this Preliminary Plan is exactly right, we will…
- Commission my Drafting Department to generate a detailed set of Building Plans which will be used to obtain a Building Permit and used by your Builder to build from. We will also…
- Submit a bid to you for one of the fine deck firms we represent to build your project. This bid will include the cost of labor, cost of estimated materials (if you are eligible to save 25%), and the so-called “turnkey” price which is labor, materials, overhead and markup if WE act as the General Contractor.
- Ready? We just need 4 things to start.
“Design-at-a-Distance” Design Fee Retainers**
|Custom Deck Plans||*$600|
|Custom Screen, Glass or Front Porch Plans||*$700|
|Custom Gazebo Plans||*$700|
|Custom Shed Plans||*$650|
|Custom Deck and Porch Plans||*$750|
|Custom Deck and Gazebo Plans||*$750|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Gazebo Plans||*$900|
|Custom Deck and Shed Plans||*$700|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Shed Plans||*$850|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Shed, Gazebo Plans||*$1000|
*This Design Fee Retainer is simply credited toward your initial payment when you contract with us.
“On-Site Design” Service
For the homeowner (or Builder) who wants to use our On Site Design Service, our Designer will make an appointment to personally visit your home where he will:
- Take a photograph of the back of your home.
- Make a careful sketch on 11×17 grid paper of the area in question, using measurements to draw your house windows, doors, heat pump, trees, etc to scale. He draws what most folks would call a cross sectional “blueprint” of your house.
- Provide you with hundreds of color photographs of work that we have done for folks all through Virginia and Maryland.
- Work with you, incorporating his expertise and your ideas, always mindful to stay under the budget you give him, drawing (and erasing), until you both have developed the deck or porch of your dreams… for the price you want to pay!
- Provide a bid to you with price of labor, estimated cost of materials (if you are eligible to save 25%), and the so-called “turnkey” price which is labor, materials, overhead and markup if WE act as the General Contractor.
If you decide to contract with us while we are in your home, we skip the On Site Design Fee Retainer (see below) and go straight to a contract. If you want to think about it, we collect our fee (see below) which pays for our time, travel and expertise. This fee is credited toward your contract if and when you decide to contract with us at a later time. (But prices are subject to change without notice) Also, please see below for the **Non-Performance Surcharge if you want Building Plans but are not contracting with us.
“On-Site” Design Fee Retainers**
|Custom Deck Plans||*$700|
|Custom Screen, Glass or Front Porch Plans||*$800|
|Custom Gazebo Plans||*$800|
|Custom Shed Plans||*$750|
|Custom Deck and Porch Plans||*$850|
|Custom Deck and Gazebo Plans||*$850|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Gazebo Plans||*$1000|
|Custom Deck and Shed Plans||*$800|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Shed Plans||*$950|
|Custom Deck, Porch, Shed, Gazebo Plans||*$1100|
*This Design Fee retainer is simply deducted from
your initial payment when you contract with us.