The World of Composite Decking Materials
You can stop your questing for a while and catch up on our helpful site for quality information on the Trex® Decking company, Trex® decking materials, high–tech, modern deck materials, next–generation PVC decks and vinyl decking like Azek® and Gossen®, composite deck materials, vinyl railings, decking by EON®, TimberTech®, GeoDeck®, Nexwood® and Choice Dek®. Here you will learn what is wrong with vinyl deck materials, plastic decking, and Trex® decking, along with what composite decking materials we love and why.
No Deck Maintenance?
Due to being in this line of work for a very long time, we receive many inquiries about deck maintenance issues and what alternatives exist to traditional wooden decks, including which composites have serious drawbacks. Having been in this business since 1983, and having designed and built composite and vinyl decks with Trex®, fiberon®, Azek®, Gossen®, GeoDeck®, and others, we can tell you that they ALL have pluses and minuses. For some problems that will blow your socks off, read about the Trex® Class Action Suit by angry homeowners nationwide. The good news is that there is one composite decking material that gives homeowners just about everything they want, with very minor drawbacks. GeoDeck® provides a wide range of handy benefits, with a few main positive points for consumers:
- Truly low in maintenance, so you can spend more time sunning yourself.
- Does not fade like other composite decking materials.
- Embarrassing mold does not grow on or past the surface, making fungus growth impossible,
- Does not decay and rot like other decking options.
- Has a LIFETIME limited warranty!
- Features a tongue and groove design, so nails are hidden.
- Has a hollow, self-ventilating design, so boards remain much cooler in direct sunlight.
- Also features laser–embossed designs that look like real wood.
- Won’t warp, twist, peel, crack or cup under harsh conditions.
- Is slip–resistant when wet.
- Is environmentally friendly.
- Is very competitively priced.
We are also experts at installing this fine product. We just need four things to start your own decking project!
My Reply to No Deck Maintenance with Virginia Decking & Remodeling:
We have been in business since 1983, which we consider to be a very long time, and we have designed and installed decks with everything from one of the first vinyl decking products ever made (Brock Dock back years ago) to Trex® to Fiberon® to GeoDeck® and many other composite deck, vinyl deck, and PVC deck products (recently Azek Procell® and Gossen® PVC). They ALL have pluses and minuses. They ALL have drawbacks. (In fact, we have discovered some drawbacks to many wood composite decking materials so serious that it will surprise you. Remember to read about a nationwide Class Action Suit against Trex®.)
But the good news is that there does appear to be one composite decking material that gives homeowners everything they want, with very minor drawbacks. Contact our decking professionals today to get started!